Saturday, April 14, 2007

My Preferred 7 - The Skilcraft

The listing from their website says it all (look under Writing Instruments/Pencils/Mechanical Pencils/0.7mm):


DUAL-ACTION MECHANICAL PENCIL, 0.7mm Lead
Shock-absorbing cushion-point mechanism and polymer-based lead reduces lead breakage. Twist-top raises and lowers the extra-large (1/4 inch) eraser. Push-action advances lead and a sliding sleeve retracts to protect pocket. Black Barrel. 0.7mm Lead.

I was introduced to this mechanical marvel by a fellow aviator who swears by them - now I do too. It's short on style (as Henry Ford said, you can have one in any color you like, so long as it's black) but long on substance.

By the way, Skilcraft is "a trade name of the National Industries for the Blind" (see Wikipedia article here) so it's a great company, providing excellent products and jobs for people with vision impairment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just looking for this pencil to see if there was more online. And I wholeheartedly agree this is the best mechanical pencil I have ever used/owned. I use it for regular writing and have drawn with it as well.

It is extremely worth it.